Service Adventure Leadership Training (SALT)
SALT program (Service, Adventure, Leadership Training) is for youth
16 – 18 who are interested in serving behind the scenes at Camp New Dawn. You will be on support staff helping out in the kitchen, with recreation times, service projects, games, etc. You will also have your own program led by Camp New Dawn staff who will guide you through activities that are specifically designed to challenge you in your walk with God. Through a focus on core principles of service, adventure, and leadership, your staff will disciple you as you are challenged in ways you have never experienced.
Program is limited to 6 participants. Dates: June 5 - 25, 2017.
The program cost is $200. You are responsible for the $40 deposit, while the remainder must be raised to participate in the program.
Why be a SALTY?
· Experience personal growth in your walk with God.
· Help support camp operations through service.
· Learn to work with children and adults.
· Experience community through service with one another.
· Three weeks of hands on discipleship with Camp New Dawn staff.
· Camp New Dawn is THE place to be this summer!
WHAT a Camp New Dawn SALTY looks like:
· SALTIES have an active and positive walk with God.
· SALTIES have a desire to serve.
· SALTIES are enthusiastic and positive.
· SALTIES accept responsibility and provide an appropriate role model to campers.
· SALTIES live above reproach and have a positive attitude when others do not.
· SALTIES share talents, creative ideas, fun thoughts, insights, a sense of humor,
hobbies & friendships.
· SALTIES seek to serve and support and never undermine Camp New Dawn
counselors and staff.
· SALTIES are not afraid of work and are willing to take initiative to pitch in when
and where help is needed.
Application due May 1, 2017. Must include the following:
1. SALT application w/ $40 deposit.
2. Regular camper application with medical form.
3. Two personal references (not family members).
References (Please print out this form to give to each of your references and have them fill it out and send it in.)